They are called skin tags, but the medical therm is fibroepithelial polyp – an outgrowth appearing on the skin, most often in the armpits or neck.
Although they don’t imply any major risk, as they are not cancerous, these growths are unsightly, so most people are willing to get rid of them anytime.
What is causing them?
They occur primarily because of age, people over middle age are more prone to it.
Another reason for their emergence is obesity. People who are overweight has more folds in the skin that press the collagen layers forming these polyps.
How can you get rid of them?
- The most important thing you need to do if you want to get rid of these growths is to cut the blood supply. Once strangled, they will fall by themselves.
- Another way to get rid of skin tags is lemon juice. A buffer of 2-3 times per week with lemon juice should be sufficient for drying the polyps.
- Try dabbing the affected area with castor oil, which is perhaps the most effective treatment against skin tags. You have to apply it directly to the problem area, every night, and in a few months you will notice that the small growths disappeared.
- If you have fresh figs it is good to know that they are also a good cure. Prepare a juice and apply to the irritated area several times a day for two weeks.
- Onion is also a good treatment for skin tags. Cut an onion in half and rub the affected area several times a day. It is an efficient method and the results will be visible in a few days.
- Another non-invasive and efficient method for the removal of warts is the salicylic acid. It is a drug that does not require a prescription, which is an active component of aspirin. It softens the skin surface of the skin tags so it will be easy to fall off when you want to remove them. Salicylic acid is found in pharmacies as a cream, patch or tape, which is applied to the wart. If you want the best and the fastest results possible, you should follow some advice: before you apply the acid, wash the area well with warm water to soften the skin, place the drug before you go to bed, cover the area with a bandage to protect it, and in the morning clean the place. If you repeat this action for several days, the tissue that forms will soften and you will be able to remove it by rubbing with a file or a pumice stone.