Rough, cracked heels is a common problem. For many people, this is a purely cosmetic problem, but neglecting it can lead to more serious things. By deepening fissures, the skin begins to bleed and the discomfort turns into pain.
This problem is often caused by a deficiency of vitamins, minerals, zinc and omega-3. It is therefore very important to increase your intake of calcium, iron, zinc and omega-3. Here is a list of foods that can help in treating the problem from the inside:
- vitamins (especially vitamin E) in: vegetable oils, green leafy vegetables, cereals, wheat germ, whole grain products and nuts;
- foods rich in calcium: milk, cheese, yogurt, soy milk, mineral water, ice cream, over low, juices, cereals, broccoli;
- you can find iron in meat, poultry and fish, grains, eggs, vegetables and beans;
- zinc can be found in: oysters, chicken, crab, beans cripple, yogurt, brown rice, spaghetti;
- omega-3 fatty acids: cold water fish, flax-seed and flax-seed oil.
Try one of these natural remedies to treat the problem from the outside:
- After a warm bath and a proper cleaning of the heels using pumice, apply any hydrogenated vegetable oil (margarine, bottled salad dressings, cooking oils) and massage the heels. Cover the feet with thick socks and leave to act until morning.
- Apply the pulp of a ripe banana on the affected area and leave it for 10 minutes. Then remove with warm water.
- Keep the feet in lemon juice for 20 minutes. Follow this treatment weekly until you see the changes expected.
- A daily regimen of cleansing and moisturizing is the best treatment to prevent dryness and cracking heels. At the end of the day, soak your feet in a solution made with warm soapy water and a cup of vinegar, for 15 minutes. Rinse with water and dab the heels with a towel until they are dry. Then, mix a teaspoon of Vaseline with the juice of a lemon and rub your heels with this mixture until it is absorbed. Perform this treatment daily until you notice visible results.
- Use a strawberry mask to exfoliate the heels: 6-8 strawberries mixed with 2 tablespoons of olive oil (or almond oil) and 1 teaspoon of sea salt. Rub vigorously the heels with this paste and leave it to act for 10-15 minutes. Then remove it with warm water alternating with cold water.
- Apply a scrub with oranges and oil. You need: 2 oranges, 1 cup of vegetable oil and 1 cup of sea salt. Mix the oil with the sea salt and cut the oranges into round slices. Soak the slices of orange in the mixture of oil and sea salt and massage your heels vigorously for 10 minutes. Then remove with warm water.